Sunday, June 16, 2019

TAXI DRIVER

06/10/2019 - 06/16/2019


I am not fucking around.
Life is short even when it's not tragically ended prematurely.
I have lost so much, and I've suffered for so long.
I'm also blessed and highly favored.
No weapons formed against us shall come to prosper.
I have a beautiful wife who gave me two amazing daughters.
I have joy and friends and fun and family.


I commute to work and then drive all day when I get there.
When I'm done work; I drive home.
I'm averaging 11-12 hours/day behind the wheel.
This repetitive motion is what is messing with my hands.  I once worked for a Jehovah Witness' landscaping company that made me do 900 hours straight on a trimmer until I had carpel tunnel syndrome so bad I couldn't un-ball my fists in the morning.  All the driving has also reeked havoc on the rest of my body as well.  Sitting and driving or sitting at the computer; too much sitting.
I need to move, but I have precious little time left in a day after I'm done with all my sitting.
I know that one day I'll look back at all of this and it will seem like a bad dream, but for now I've got to move.
I need to take better care of myself.
I need to make myself a priority.
My wife makes the most healthy and delicious meals I've ever eaten and that's wonderful when I'm home and great to know she and the kids are eating right when I'm gone, but I'm on the road a lot.


No more eating shit.
No more poison.
No more sitting down.
No more complacency and convenience.
I'm coming out of these cremated ashes like a glorious phoenix.



This is what it looks like:

Morning:
stretching
Qigong breathing exercises
50 sit ups
50 push ups
50 ab wheel roll outs
meditation
Respiractin


Afternoon:
stretching
treadmill (30 mins)
rowing machine
weights
L glutimine


Evening:
stretching
Qigong breathing exercises
50 sit ups
50 push ups
50 ab wheel roll outs
meditation


Sleep, sleep, sleep.
(*also: fuck all the haters as per usual)





On Monday I received my rental contract from the theatre.
I pulled the trigger = there's no turning back.
(My hands are cramping and spasming again)
On Tuesday I worked out like a convict and organized my space.  I cleaned out my basement office and made it more conducive to sit and write.
(It feels like tiny razorblades are rolling through my wrists and hands.)
On Wednesday I played with Funnies For Families at a downtown youth shelter.
On Thursday I played hooky.
On Friday I interviewed for a new job that would cut my driving by 7 hours/day + more $!
I went back for another physiotherapy session - more of the same + stress ball!
On Saturday I played with the Bad Dog Featured Players.
On Sunday I went to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTPONAVIRUS 09/03/2020 - 16/03/2020 I was hesitant to continue Blood any further than the first two initial shows. It's a t...