Sunday, August 25, 2019

THE SHOW MUST GO ON

08/19/2019 - 08/25/2019


When Harold died, I was nearing the end of the Second City Training Centre Conservatory.
I left and took care of business out west and when I came home I jumped right back into improv.  The first scene I did was in the John Candy Box Theatre and I played a funeral director.  I was nervous to perform in such a vulnerable state but it was probably the best thing I could've done. 
Improv has always been therapeutic for me, where else can you go and be somebody,
  anybody, else?
We learned that you will be rewarded for bravery so we take big swings and embrace the unknown.
This show 'Blood' is something like I've never done before.
It's way out of my comfort zone and I have absolutely no way of knowing how it will be received.
There have been obstacles every step of the way in creating this show and I have just kept pushing through. 
I'm beginning rehearsals next week and the staging and pacing will all fall into place. 
I'm going with the flow and trusting in the process.
I'm nervous.
I'm excited!
We finished our grad show at Second City, I got my scenes I fought for in the show and it all went over great.  People still talk to me about that show! 
I wore Harold's dress shoes that night and I'll be wearing them at Blood.
Working along side in collaboration with talented people, as I always try to do, you often times end up the victim of their successes. 
They get better gigs and move on and you're left behind.
You can let this be the end or the beginning.
Never give up.
I have the best family in the world and I'm lucky enough to know the overwhelming feeling of true, unconditional love. 
I have a well paying career and I don't have to dance for chicken to be able to afford to chase my dreams.  In my mind, I'm already the most successful person I know and all of this is just gravy.
It's true that we are bigger than our anxieties.
Just like I'm bigger than this show, there's a million things I want to do next!
Nothing ventured - nothing gained.
Nothing to lose - everything to gain.
Bring it on!


On Monday I drank red wine.
On Tuesday...
(I can't remember Tuesday, Tuesdays are not for me.)
On Wednesday Pepperoni Pizza Cats celebrated 3 YEARS of producing our own show at The Social Capital Theatre! 
We did a photo shoot and introduced 3 new members to the team.
On Thursday I walked 21,510 steps (14.4 kms), I've been trying to avoid driving at work and it seems to be helping quite a bit.
 I made an appointment with an Osteopath for my arms and hands.
On Friday I found out that my director will be leaving town before the show.
(I meet with her on Sunday to discuss next steps.)
I went to the Winona Peach Festival with my Wife and Kids.
On Saturday we dropped our oldest Daughter (Adeline) off at my Sister's (Maggie) for a sleepover, they went to LEGO Land! 
My Wife (Kenny) and I spent a wonderful day with our youngest Daughter (Violet).
I got a $50 parking ticket.
On Sunday I went to work...

THE SHOW MUST GO ON


No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTPONAVIRUS 09/03/2020 - 16/03/2020 I was hesitant to continue Blood any further than the first two initial shows. It's a t...