Sunday, August 18, 2019

PAPILLON

08/05/2019 - 08/13/2019


I was walking down the street with my friend the other day, as one does with friends on days. 
We passed a restaurant called 'Papillon' which is french for Butterfly.  This reminded me of the blue butterfly tattoo my brother had on his chest in homage to his favorite book 'Papillon'.  I was laughing with my friend about how he used to show it to people and tell them it meant 'not welcome', like the scene in American History X.  Then my friend noted that we were just, 5 minutes before, listening to the Kendrick Lamar album 'To Pimp a Butterfly' in the car.  We thought that was an interesting piece of synchronicity and just at that moment, I looked down and found this rusty butterfly broach at my feet in the dirt of a tree planter. 

Wikipedia says:
'In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state.'

Basically a butterfly can flap it's wings on one side of the world and, ultimately, effect the weather on the other side.
What goes around, comes around.
Magic is everywhere.
(and you are welcome)

On Monday I worked the holiday 
(time + 1/2!) 
THEN I started my rewrites in Draft #2!
On Tuesday I was in the gym.  
Afterwards, I went to Ronald McDonald House and did a fun improv for the families staying there with my friends at Funnies For Families.  
After THAT I went back to The Second City Training Centre and played a show with
Pepperoni Pizza Cats.
On Wednesday I washed the jeep and got it ready for a road trip.
On Thursday I was sick and wiped right out!
On Friday I drove to Ferndale Michigan for the Detroit Improv festival.
On Saturday I went to Belle Isle
THEN
I played with The Bad dog Featured Players at The Loving Touch at 8pm and THEN with Pepperoni Pizza Cats at 10pm at GO Comedy!  Improv Theatre.
On Sunday I went to see Cage the Elephant & Beck with Kenny!

PAPILLON




No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTPONAVIRUS 09/03/2020 - 16/03/2020 I was hesitant to continue Blood any further than the first two initial shows. It's a t...