Sunday, November 10, 2019

ONE LOVE

11/04/2019 - 11/10/2019


This will be my last entry for Blood before opening night.
We sold out in online pre-sales!
(we hope to do the same for the 2nd show)
I've received some very touching messages through the course of building this show.
People sending support, commenting on the blog, sending regrets for distance preventing them from making it out and people surprising me by rallying the troops and ultimately selling out the first show.  This show is for you.


This process has been an experience like no other. 
The writing and editing was painful, infuriating, deeply satisfying and cathartic.
I've found some much needed closure and managed a lot of my grief through the creation of this story (the 2nd time around).
Moving into preparation for the performance of the show allowed me to put down the hurtful truth and begin to look at it as material to perform.  I've been able to separate myself from the subject matter enough to focus on the script as an actor.
It's been extremely convenient that I lived the subject matter and the material is all from my real life, so I can own it, but be removed from it somehow. 

Dana (lost at sea) Puddicombe
worked very hard digging into my story with me to draw out the narrative for the show.
She's going to miss the performances but I know she's rooting for us.  I'm so lucky to have her in my corner, in a word; she's the best.

Kate Fenton picked up where Dana left off and went through the script with a fine tooth comb
(many times).
Kate is just as awesome as Dana!
She taught me to focus on intention and coached me with the acting and staging and mood of the whole show.  I truly believe we have something very special here. 
I'll never be able to thank these two beautiful woman enough for all they've done for me. 

When I started this journey, Onan said he'd do anything he could to help out along the way.
He is a man of his word, always has been, one of the best friends Me and my Brother ever knew.
Onan helped design posters and video projections and is filming the show both nights.
(etc, etc, etc...)
I wanted his style on the look of the show and he gave it. 

Kayla Dobilas and Danielle Blancher are busy-ass professionals!
They're also my friends who took the time to give me professional make-up prosthetics and photography.  Without them I never would've been able to make the show look so great.

My Mom and Sisters and my Wife are my guests of honour for Blood.
I hope they can find an ounce of the healing from watching the show that I've discovered in its' creation.

My Brother left this mortal coil over 2 years ago.
Losing him changed a lot of lives forever.
He lives in our hearts and minds where we keep him close.
Now he'll live in this show, my homage, testimony and tribute to him,
forever.
(He was always so extra)

This has not been easy, but all of you have made it worth it.
So many of you who mean so much to me have told me how proud you are of me and I just wanted to let you know that I'm proud of myself too.

ONE LOVE

On Monday I had an office visit as a part of my training for my new job.
It was weird.
(new?)
On Tuesday I was in training.
(To say I was in training is purely a filler entry;
I've been in training every day from 8:30 - 4:30 from Monday to Friday going cross-eyed staring at a computer screen for the past 3 weeks!)
On Wednesday I was lucky enough to be invited to guest on my friends' show Max Justice!
It was great to get out of my head and escape for a bit.
On Thursday I had a rehearsal with Kate.
Kate is a fantastic director and I'm proud to be able to call her my friend.
On Friday I drove to Montreal with Brad and met up with Mig & Amelia and we played a Pepperoni Pizza Cats set in the Montreal Improv Festival.  After that I met up with a bunch of The Bad Dog Featured Players and we played a set too!
My dear old friend Star came to both shows, let us crash at her place and made us an amazing breakfast before we hit the road for home.
On Saturday I took Adeline to her friend's birthday party.
On Sunday I tied up any and all loose ends for Blood.

ONE LOVE


No comments:

Post a Comment

POSTPONAVIRUS 09/03/2020 - 16/03/2020 I was hesitant to continue Blood any further than the first two initial shows. It's a t...